Mars is currently: online
Mascot: Lauren Cohan
Some quick pointers to keep in mind.
- When writing your characters don’t rush to make it into a deadline. Treat evey character with the same amount of time. Sure some of them don’ need as many details as others, but try to keep them the same length and as interesting.
- Create a bio layout so they all match.
- Make sure they are all equally as important within the plot of the roleplay, don’t make some characters the center of the universe.
- Don’t just give brief details if you are going to make the bios long and detailed. Really tell the story, make sure you are interested in the character, because if you are writing just to fill a word quota there is a good chance no one will be interested in him.
- Make sure to keep all the characters diverse, and don’t be afraid to write a character who is not likeable. We all love villains there is a reason Draco became one of the most beloved characters in Harry Potter. Because he was very layered and people were very interested into his story. But not every character needs to have a dramatic background. Some are not as nice because of what they believe in.
Well, bio RP’s are not as difficult as they look and can be quite fun! It’s my favorite kind, here are some helpful links for your journey. I used my own masterlists links to find ones that were best for a bio RP.
Promoting & Tagging
- RPHBYDAY- How to promo like a Beast
- GLEEHELPERS: How to properly promote
- POSHHELPERS: How to Create and Run a Successful Promo Blog
- SNSDHELPS: How To Get your Roleplay Some Attention
- IRANT-RPC: Guide: Advertising Your Roleplay
Setting up an Application page and rejecting applications.
- POSHHELPERS: How to Create a Killer Application (in order to find just the right person to play your precious baby)
- THETROLLIESTCRITIC: How To Reject Auditions (If You’re A Blunt Person)
- SMASHLEIGHRPS: How to make an ‘Applications’ folder in your inbox
- RPCGRON: How to: Decide whether or not to accept an application; AKA what to look for in an application (requested by anonymous)
❆ How to Write
- Successfully Write Many Characters - And Keep Them Diverse (rphqueen)
- Writing In-depth Characters (keir-reviews)
- Guide to: Writing the Perfect Bio (struckby-therphelper)
- How to: Making a Great Bio (soatyourservice)
- Guide To Writing Character Bios (ellyhelps)
- How to: Show a Character’s Personality in 3 Paragraphs (curlyfriesrpc)
- Use Archetypes to Create Literary Characters (rphhelp-advice)
- Balance Out Your Character Types (psychrph)
- How to Write Bios ( adam-and-ian-help)
- Need Help With Character Creation? (hermajestyhelps)
- How to Create Premades That Are Effective and Have Purpose (fat-amy-rph)
- Things to Think About During RPG Character Creation ( errantdreams.com)
- How to Make Your Supernatural Characters Unique and Interesting (benedicthelps)
- Writing Character Bios (writeworld)
- Matt’s Tips → Aspects You Might Be Ignoring When Creating Your Characters (wehelprps)
- Creating Believable Characters (thewolf-rph)
- How to Write A Good Biography (georgiakincaid)
- Biographies (For Dummies) (thetrolliestcritic)
- Components of Your Character Biographies (shackleboltrps)
- How to show a character personality in 3 paragraphs (rphelper)
- How to Write Bios (roleplayrater)
- Writing Character Bios (writeworld)
- Write a Biography (And Make It Interesting) (rpcgron)
- Biographies (For Dummies) (thetrolliestcritic)
- Your Bios Could Lose a Few Inches (thegoodwitchrpc)
- Canon Character Bios Guide (mean-people-suck-rph)
- Create a Cast of Characters That is Interesting and Will Keep Your Plot Moving (rpcgron)
Writing original characters (for fandom RP’s that you need to add new characters, and to supply your applicants)
- How To Create An Original Character
- Creating a Well-Developed Original Character
- How to Create a Believable Original Character for Fanfiction
- Creating and Developing an Original Character
- Creating an Original Character
- Writing 101: Creating Interesting Original Characters
- How to Create a Fictional Character from Scratch
- A Simple Trick to Make Your Characters Pop
- Character Creation
- How to Make Your Own Character
- How to Develop a Character for a Story
- How to Create a Character
- Want to Write Stronger Characters?
- Special Fiction Writing Week: Creating a Character
- Writing A Story – Creating Your First Character
- 5 Ways To Make Your Characters More Three-Dimensional
❆ Writing a lot
- The Bio Machine (and How to Become One) (critiqualicious)
- Simple tips to get into that “bio monster” mode (irant-rpc)
- Character/Bio Writing Template (rptheme-helper)
- Bio Skeletons, What & Why (avandalerpg)
- Keir’s Favourite Bio Templates (keir-reviews)
- Different Bio Format Examples (nayahelps)
- Masterlist of Bio Formats (thetrolliestcritic)
- Naming Your Characters (reyesrph)
- Naming Your Characters (linderwrites)
- Tips for Writers on Naming Characters via babynames.com
- Baby Names
- Our Baby Namer
- Baby Name Genie
- Name Generator
- How to Give Your Character the Perfect Name via Writer’s Digest
- Character Name Generator
- Random Name Generator
- Rum and Monkey
- SSA: Top Names of the 1950s
- First Names Reference Database
- 1000 Most Popular Names of the 1950s
- 100 Most Popular Baby Names
- Bey Bey Name Generator
- Angel Names
- More Angel Names
- Royal Baby Name Generator
- List of Demon Names
- 20,000+ Names From Around the World
- Fantasy Name Generator
- Demon Names
- Scottish and Irish
- Victorian Era Names
- Naming Your Characters
❆ Personality traits
- List of personality traits
- Positive Personality Traits (prancingloon-rph)
- Underused Personalities/Traits (grandehelper)
- Character Traits (niallrph)
- List strengths & weaknesses
- Character Traits Meme
❆ Faceclaims and diversity
- The Importance of Diversity in Faceclaims & Demographics (poshhelpers)
- RP-Helper’s FC Directory (rphelper)
- FCADVISORS: 50 FC’s who can pass as High School Students (14-18)-Male Edition (fcadvisors)
- :50 FC’s who can pass as High School Students (14-18)-Female Edition (fcadvisors)
- 100+ Males Who Can Pass For High Schoolers (poshhelpers)
- 100+ Females Who Can Pass for High Schoolers (poshhelpers)
- Under 18 Female Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- Under 18 Male Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- Black Female Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- Black Male Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- Hispanic Female Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- Hispanic Male Face Claim Masterlist (fchelpers)
- How To Make Your Roleplay A Safe Space for Trans* People & Characters (thetrolliestcritic)
- The Difference Between Personality and Behaviour (starksrph)
- Character Building with Tarot (morkierps)
- Masterlist of Bio Connections (reyesrph)
- How To Write A Bio Based On A Song (allisonroleplays)
- How To Determine The Age Of Your Character (rpcgron)
- Are Your Characters Well Developed? (rpcounselor)
- 12 Common Character Archetypes (hermajestyhelps)
- Masterlist of Secrets (thatfrenchhelper)
- Writing the LGBT Community (totalrewrite)
- 100 Character Development Questions for Writers
- 365 Character Questions for Writers and Roleplayers from errantdreams.com
- Getting in Touch With Your Character by thewolf-rph
- Masterlist of Character Development Questions Inspired by Different Fandoms by benedicthelps
- Character Questionnaire
- Is your character a Mary Sue? By Spring Hole (a must read I believe)
- 35 questions to ask your characters By Marvel Sprout
- The 100 most important things to know about your characters By Mini world
Quirks/jobs and what not.
- 100 Character Quirks by hermajestyhelps
- 1000 Character Flaws and Strengths by thewolf-rph
- Ash’s Guide to RPG Personality & Background
- Guide to the world of occupations
- Interesting Jobs
- Complete List of Careers/Jobs - career-descriptions
- Secrets Masterlist
- 12 Common Character Archetypes
People always assume that playing someone British is just learning the slang and how to speak correctly with the accent. Well, that isn’t entirely true.
Tip No. 1: How to sound British.
Of course you have to perfect how to sound British. Use these links to use the slang all the time.
Tip No. 2: Location, location, location.
They’re going to ask where you are from and you just can’t say Britain, shit face. What if they are from Britain itself? You need to have a “home location”. What city/town? What district did you live in? Where is it located? What is it near? What are the customs there? It may also be important to know important counties and cities. If you can’t locate London on a map, it will be fairly obvious that you are not British.
- How to live in Britain: Topics of The Basics, Law, Geography, Culture, Problems, Being Successful, Making a Difference, and Personal Life.
Tip No. 3: Wording and spelling is a very important factor.
The British change their wording and spelling a lot. Here is a British to American translator.
Tip No. 4: Know their hobbies: such as their television shows and what they do in their free time.Not all the shows we have here in America are watched in Britain. Here is a list of the most popular televison series in Britian. (It stays updated, because what’s the point of posting one that isn’t?)
Tip No. 5: Myths about the BritishWe Americans don’t go around eating burgers and holding shot guns, do we? There are always myths about races and countries.
Psd 369 by l-agallerrie.
- Don’t redistribute or claim as your own.
- Like or reblog if you download!
- Download - cl
i am 99 billion % okay with that. :3
adksfasdfa cool! ill message you in a bit
if you’d like me to be co-admin, i can be. (be warned, my graphics ability = zero)
that would be lovely ^.^
ahh eden and i are making a slightly post marauders rp where like 90% of the FCs are PoC or non-binary and shit just btw
ooooo sounds interesting…. might check it out later. ^.^
that sounds pretty cool to me. i’d be interested.
eeek awesome awesome
I really want to make a marauders era rp and making it slightly making it au by making the marauders female and basically genderbent. and then having a bunch of poc’s and underused fcs. and making the character aged correctly.
#FBE6D1 | #FEEFB4 | #F6D3A9 | #D2886D | #97B6A4